Brevity is the width of soul.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Absence of Evidence

Everybody is born with powers. Telekinesis. Flying. Super-strength. Teleportation is among the relatively rare.

Wide-area power nullification is one of the most common; practically nobody gets to be far enough away from at least somebody with this power, and if you were flying at the time... Well, they still tell legends about that Icarus fellow.

Legends, fiction, tales. We might not get to know or use our powers, but deep down something inside us can tell.

.finis.

2 comments:

Meg said...

This is probably the most beautiful fic you've written yet.
I'm not gonna cry. I won't, cause that'd be stupid.
But... yeah. Beautiful.

Danger Socks said...

That's very quaint. I wanna say "sweet" too, but that doesn't sum it up right.

I'm also a sucker for Icarus references. I'm happy that Vespa pushed me here.