Brevity is the width of soul.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Errand

Half of my job was knowing where and when those things would happen, so I was already waiting next to the door when the zombie lurched into the bank.

I pushed him against a wall and put my hand over his brow. I could do it from a distance, but physical contact helps the process. Then I sent the full force of my will into his mind. You are alive. It only took a few seconds for his lapsed hypnotic programming to be reactivated. Zombies don't have much brains to fight with.

As I stepped back, the zombie shook his head, mumbled "excuse me", and lurched toward an ATM queue.

Just in case, I thought it would be a good idea to reinforce the programming of everybody in the bank. You and everybody you see are human. They believed me, of course. As I said, zombie brains aren't very good against hypnosis.

My work done, I lurched out of the bank to grab a bite for lunch.

.finis.

1 comment:

sameers said...

heh. yeah, that's what it feels like when I'm at work.

nice work, just discovered your blog through a friend.