Brevity is the width of soul.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Secondary Targets

The Transdimensional Anomaly was running all over the field; no problem at all for my automatic tracking machinery. Easy as pie, I thought, and then I spotted the civilian following the TA, some small girl without enough sense to run away from the talking animal-like entity.

I immediately requested an additional killcode for the girl, but by the time Ops sent it, both the TA and the girl had disappeared into a hole of unknown topological properties.

That made the kid no longer my responsibility; I only deal with the Things that get In. What gets Out is not my problem.

Which doesn't mean I didn't feel sorry for her. She had looked sane enough, but I knew that wouldn't last for long. Not in Wonderland.

.finis.

No comments: