Brevity is the width of soul.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Elevator

He had hidden the device on an actual elevator. Typical Von Schaffer: devious, dangerous, immature. Still, I couldn't get mad with him. Not with the device's EM field rearranging my thought processes away from earthly concerns like revenge and violence.

I didn't love everybody, but felt a benevolent concern that was to love as an sphere was to a circle, as a moment was to time. I understood. There was no need to do anything at all. No life to defend.

Then nirvana-associated neurochemical patterns activated my implanted buddha failsafe, pumping by body with adrenaline, sexual hormones, and grounders.

I fell to where I had been, and then I fell even lower.

When the would-be killers opened the door I was ready for them.

.finis.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So this is what happens when you hear the phrase, "if you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him". *grin*

Meg said...

Can I haz a failsafe 2 plz?




Sorry, I'm the worst commenter(?) ever. But Honestly, I'm creating a doc named "Mars Fics" in which there will be five phrases:
Amazing.
Astounding.
You broke my brain.
OMG, I can't believe you wrote that.
OMG, how are you so awesome?

And I will just copy&paste at will with any of your future fics, because dude, seriously, this was amazing, astounding, you totally broke my brain. I can't believe you wrote that. OMG, how are you so awesome?

:P

Unknown said...

Nicely done!

Marcelo said...

@Bob:

Thanks!